My research has focused on a range of topics including hydrology and water resources; global change and impacts on ecology; and access to safe water. See below for my peer-reviewed publications within each of those categories.
Hydrology and water resources
- Blum, A G, Ferraro, P J, Archfield, S A, & Ryberg, K R. (2020). Causal effect of impervious cover on annual flood magnitude for the United States. Geophysical Research Letters.
- Blum, A G, Zaitchik, B, Alexander, S, Wu, S, Zhang, Y, Shukla, S, Alemneh, T Y and Block, P.(2019). A Grand Prediction: Communicating and Evaluating 2018 summertime Upper Blue Nile rainfall and streamflow forecasts in preparation for Ethiopia’s new dam. Frontiers in Water.
- Blum, A G, Archfield, S A & Vogel, R M. (2017). On the probability distribution of daily streamflow in the United States. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences.
Global change and impacts on ecology
- Dudley, R, Hirsch, R M, Archfield, S A, Blum, A G. & Renard, B. (2020). Low streamflow changes at human impacted and reference basins in the United States. Journal of Hydrology.
- Blum, A G, Archfield, S A, Hirsch, R, Vogel, R M, Kiang, J E & Dudley, R. (2019). Updating estimates of low streamflow statistics to account for possible trends. Hydrological Sciences Journal.
- Blum, A G, Kanno, Y & Letcher, B H. (2018). Seasonal streamflow extremes are key drivers of Brook Trout young-of the-year abundance. Ecosphere.
Access to safe water
- Lee, G O, Whitney, H J, Blum, A G, Lybik, N, Cevallos, W, Trueba, G, Levy, K & Eisenberg, J N. (2019) Household coping strategies associated with unreliable water supplies and diarrhea in Ecuador, an upper-middle-income country. Water Research.
- Cook, J, Kimuyu, P, Blum, A G & Gatua, J. (2016). A Simple Stated Preference Tool for Estimating the Value of Travel Time in Rural Africa. Journal of Benefit Cost Analysis.
- Blum, A G, Null, C, & Hoffmann, V. (2014). Marketing Household Water Treatment: Willingness to Pay Results from an Experiment in Rural Kenya. Water.
- Pickering A J, Blum A G, Breiman R F, Ram P K, & Davis J. (2014). Video Surveillance Captures Student Hand Hygiene Behavior, Reactivity to Observation, and Peer Influence in Kenyan Primary Schools. PLoS ONE.
- Pickering, A J, Davis, J, Blum, A G, Scalmanini, J, Oyier, B, Okoth, G, & Ram, P K. (2013). Access to Waterless Hand Sanitizer Improves Student Hand Hygiene Behavior in Primary Schools in Nairobi, Kenya. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- Pickering, A J, Davis, J, Walters, S, Horak, H, Keymer, D, Mushi, D, Strickfaden, R, Chynoweth, J, Liu, J, Blum, A G, Rogers, K, Boehm, A. (2010). Hands, Water, and Health: Fecal Contamination in Tanzanian Communities with Improved, Non-Networked Water Supplies. Environmental Science and Technology.